Monday, February 20, 2012

Step Seven: Performance Task- Part Two

The Description of part of the Performance Task is what generates that 'love-hate' relationship between the teacher and the drafting his/ her GSL lesson.  I have found that creating the step-by-step list of how I go about teaching my lesson causes me to really consider (reflect upon) what I do and how I do it (subject and strategy).

Your steps should include texts, handouts, instructional/ learning strategies, supplemental materials, and equipment.  This is the "How-To" part of the lesson; be very descriptive. Review several examples from the GSL gallery on the SPN website to see how other teachers have broken down their lessons.

TIP: Avoid doing daily steps; instead, opt for more specified steps.  This will aid other teachers who may use your lesson when determining the pacing in their classrooms. 

Post questions below.  If you found a GSL on the SPN that you feel models the Description part of the Performance task well, post the title of the lesson below for others to review.




No comments:

Post a Comment